Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Brownie War

Is there really anything better than a goof fudgy brownie? Having given up white flours and sugar I was left wondering, how will I make brownies?! Well never fear ladies I have the answer to all your brownie troubles and it is both healthy and delicious!  The answer ladies is not at all what you might think. It is a vegetable that you IF you have even eaten you've probably only eaten battered and fried, Okra.

So I got to baking and I tried two different recipes. I baked and then chilled over night. The next night after dinner I served to my unknowing husband who was unaware of the superfood lurking within.  He LOVED them. They taste just like a normal brownie.  We tried these brownies side to side and we love them both but for different reasons. The first one we tried comes from the THM cookbook, Page 314, cry no more brownies. This brownie is gooey and fudgy, and very very rich. They're very good with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. 

The second recipe was by a brilliant woman named Briana Thomas, the recipe is called Superfood Brownies.  These were fudgy but more cakey texture than the goey texture of the cry no more brownies. They were a perfect balance of chocolate goodness. According to the hubs these were better by themselves where as the cry no more brownies needed something to tamper down the richness. Personally I liked the richness of the cry no more brownies. 

So no matter your brownie preferences okra has the answer ladies. For those doing THM these brownies are both S. The cry no more are a Heavy S where as the Superfood Brownies would be a Deep S. 

Happy Healthy Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment